This recipe is suitable for Vegetarians and also are No Sugar, Low Starch. Eggplant is called Aubergine in the UK
Vegetarian Grilled Eggplant Recipe
This recipe is best with fresh herbs but if they are not available use dry herbs.
If a recipe calls for fresh herbs, but you only have dried herbs on hand (or you don’t want to spring for fresh), just replace the fresh herbs in your recipe with one third as much of the dried equivalent.
Example: Your recipe calls for a Tablespoon of fresh thyme, so you would use 1 teaspoon of dried thyme in its place.
- 1 eggplant
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. Cut the eggplant into slices and salt them lightly. Let them sit for about 15 minutes, so the salt can bring out the moisture of the pieces. Wipe them dry with a bit of paper towel. (This is the same technique I use if I replace the eggplant by zucchini)
2. Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic herbs, salt and pepper. Let site to absorb the flavors for about 15 minutes.
3. Brush eggplant with oil and herb mixture all over, ensuring that the herbs get distributed well.
4. Place on a lightly greased grill and grill for about 15-20 minutes, flipping half way through.