We have all heard of this maxim but with apples instead of oranges.
Every day we hear of the benefits of Antioxidants. Most have heard of ACE, vitamins A C E
Well today we will hear the benefits of Oranges
1) Orange can boost good cholesterol levels. Studies have shown that drinking orange juice (it would be the same eating an orange that is preferably since you obtained the benefit of the fibre, that the LDL-HDL cholesterol ratio was decreased 16% in participants with high cholesterol.
2) Orange juice has been shown to dissolve kidney stones.
3) Orange essential oils has multiple benefits: Orange blossom (neroli) as a base is relaxing and also very good for producing feeling of well being and inducing calmness.
Digestive: chronic diarrhoea (due to stress), flatulence.
Nervous: anxiety, calm, depression, fear, hysteria, insomnia, palpitations, panic, shock.
Skin: all types, especially dry, broken capillaries, irritable, regenerative.
4) The white flesh underneath the orange peel as well as the orange peel have anti-cancer benefits.
5) Reduces inflammation naturally.
6) Assists in bone health and prevents osteopathy together with the healthy lifestyle.
7) It is believed to boost weight loss efforts.
In the HCG diet is one of the 4 “allowed” fruits together with apple, grapefruit and strawberry. I don’t like grapefruit so I always have an orange a day and the other fruit is normally an apple or strawberries if I they are in season.
I found a great article HERE